Ditch the winter blues and get active this spring!
Get ready to shed those winter kilos with our 2022 Hands Hero Challenge! To mark the start of spring and the warmer months we are celebrating getting out there and being active.
Walking has a host of benefits, including keeping you fit and healthy, reducing stress, helping you sleep, boosting memory and improving your mood. Not to mention, helping over 350 kids in our care in Thailand!
Urie Bronfenbrenner once said that every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her- will you be that adult for our kids?
It costs our homes $100k per month to provide the food, shelter, clothing and education for our kids in Thailand.
Therefore, during the month of September, our goal is to raise $100k!
There are no pre-set fundraising targets, you set your own target and we will be grateful for all that you do. It’s recommended that you set your minimum target at $300. This is $10 a day to walk 10k (steps!).
If you’re new to this- don't worry! We can provide many resources to help you raise more than you thought possible and smash through this challenge.
Do you think you can clock 300,000 steps in September?
Every step you clock and every dollar you raise will take us closer to achieving our $100k fundraising goal.
You can take on the 300k Challenge by yourself, with your family, or get together as a virtual team with your work or community sport teams. It is super easy to set up your team page and track your fundraising and distance goals through the month of September.
The Challenge is FREE to join and you nominate your own fundraising goal. Whether you set $1 for every thousand steps, or go big and set yourself a blue sky goal, every dollar makes a difference.
It's as simple as registering online for free, then tracking your daily steps with your phone or smart watch. Once you have synced your device to your fundraising page, it will keep track of your steps and update your donors. You can join on your own or as part of a team to achieve this challenge!
Join the 300k Club
We have some pretty exciting activities and support lined up to keep you accountable to your goals, give you a sense of belonging, and importantly bring some much needed laughter and sunshine to your day. Some of the activities we have lined up include:
- Hands Hero 300k Challenge Spotify playlist - built by you, for you, this playlist will help get you through
- Hands Hero podcast - Our Hands Hero Podcast is here to inspire you with stories from people all over the world. Find the podcast here and plug in while you pound the pavement this September.
- End of week community check in on our Facebook page - you can join us live for a chat every Sunday.
- A Zoom party with the kids you’re supporting
- Competitions... more on those to come!
How to get started.
Up for the challenge? Simply register via the link below and set up your fundraising page to kickstart your journey. We will guide you through connecting your fitness apps and devices so that you can track your steps as well as your fundraising. It's super easy.
If you are in NZ, you can now raise funds for Hands in NZD and claim the tax deduction at the end of the year. Simply register through the NZ Registrations below to participate.
Fees and Fundraising
Registration Is FREE!
Our community goal is to raise $100,000.
There is no minimum, you set a goal that works for you. We have a ton of resources to help you.
Every dollar makes a difference and can be used to buy food, school supplies, sponsor children to go to university and so much more.
What is the Cost ?
None! Registration is free, meaning you and your friends can sign up easily!
How much do I need to raise?
There is no minimum fundraising requirement. You set your own goal. These donations are used to provide basic necessities, healthcare and education for the kids.
What is the best way to start my fundraising?
Below are our top 3 tips to get your fundraising dial off zero:
- Your online fundraising page is the most simple and effective way to kick start your fundraising. Update your page with your profile image, a story about why you are fundraising and share directly from your page to kick start those dollars coming in.
- Make a personal donation to your fundraising page. This can help set the tone for your supporters and show your commitment to your experience.
- Download our fundraising guide that includes tips and tricks for planning events, auctions and raffles to help you raise your funds.
If you need support please reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org